Why Women Should learn Jiu-Jitsu?
The number one reason women are usually given for why they should train Jiu Jitsu is ” because it teaches you how to protect yourself”. There’s a good reason for it: Jiu-Jitsu is designed for weaker, smaller opponents to dominate larger ones using technique rather than strength.
Prevention is the best form of defense. Learn self defense tactics and principles for common situations with an aggressor. You don’t ever want to have to use them, but if you do….you’ll be glad you knew them!!
Protecting yourself is important, but Jiu-Jitsu has so much more to offer than just self-defense!
- Get in shape
The jiu-jitsu training burns from 470 to 670 calories per hour on the average. So yes, it can help you to get in shape
But also BJJ teaches you to love your body for what it can do rather than for what it looks like.
• I helps you to deal with frustration, develops your confidence, teaches you persistence;
• it teaches you to be kind to yourself;
• Jiu Jitsu can help erase a lot of insecurities by showing you all the awesome things your body can do;
• you don’t need to be big and strong to be good at it;
• the sisterhood is like no other. People who train Jiu Jitsu are bound to become your non -biological family;
• It smashes ideas about what a women “should” or “shouldn’t” do.
- Develop lifelong Friendship
- Have fun
Try our classes!
You can try a free class at Six Blades Jiu-Jitsu Fort Worth.
Please, fill out the form below. We will be in touch soon. Or give us a call at (817) 805-9122.